Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Morley Update 2010 #30

Everyone,

Today was our first day back at work after our Greek class. We finished the class on Friday but since we did a 60 hour class in 30 hours we have a lot of studying still to do before it all settles into our brains. I was amazed however, on Sunday how much more of the song service I was able to understand. I have been trying to watch a little Greek TV (soap operas) each day as well. I can see a difference in my understanding although I am far from understanding everything. Greek soap operas are a lot of yelling so hope I am not picking up bad words!

Kent and I are both very tired since our class and feel we need a few days to catch our breath. We didn't want to be gone this week however, since we feel a bit out of touch with the team and ministry. So we will work this week and then will take two extra days and have a four day weekend next week. We normally have Sunday, Monday off but will take Tuesday and Wednesday as well. We plan to go to a nearby island and snorkel.

I wanted to let you know about some changes in ministry responsibility that are happening for both of us. I, Myrna will be taking over communications and organization of short term teams. This will be a good fit for me because although my arthritis is doing pretty well, I can't keep up with a full work week. This gives me something I can do at home on the computer with my feet up. It is also something I can do when I am at home preparing for hosting people (refugees, team mates and short term people) in our home.

Kent will be stepping into more of a pastoral role on the team. He will meet bi-monthly for care meetings with each team member, as well as oversee team fellowships and prayer days. He has also taken over managing the team fund which we all contribute to monthly and use for retreats or special team events.

Kent and I will both still be very much involved directly with refugees but also see the importance of member care and facilitating short term teams. After all several members of the team, including Kent and I, started as short termers. Please pray for us as we transition into these new roles. Also pray that our Greek will continue to find its way into our long term memory. Pray for the work on our building. We are still hoping to be back in the building some time in August. Pray for the events we are doing outside the building during this time. We look forward to returning to a somewhat normal schedule if there is such a thing in this ministry! Thank you for all your prayers for us during our time here. I can't believe we passed our two year mark on July 10th. We love you all.


Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@juno.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com

To Support:
Online go to: www.iteams.org/give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks ;}

No comments:

Post a Comment