Friday, November 18, 2011

Morley Update #36 2011

Everyone,

Sorry this is a day late. It has been a difficult week for the team here. We have had several hard issues with refugee friends (drugs, children, spiritual struggles) as well as some changes on the team. I will fill you in a bit at a later date but for now just hold us up in prayer.

On a different note, it is Thanksgiving week and here are a few things I am thankful for.

1) I am Thankful for a wonderful family back home and wish I could be with them over the holidays.

2) I am Thankful for a wonderful "family" here and the fact that we will have our own Thanksgiving feast with 22 guests in our home on Monday.

3) I am Thankful for you my friends and for the prayers and financial support you so faithfully give.

4) I am Thankful that God called us to be a part of a ministry that is bearing fruit and changing lives.

5) I am Thankful for my lovely home and this time of year especially for my fireplace which gives Kent and I a place to get warm.

6) I am Thankful for my church here and how they are reaching out to refugees by sponsoring one of our Christmas parties, collecting clothes, and making cookies for another ministry.

7) I am Thankful for the wonder of the internet which allows me to stay in touch with friends and family with a few keystrokes.

8) I am Thankful for people who donate things like yogurt so we can give the kids a nutritious snack and for the smiles of the kids who call it "ice cream".

9 ) I am Thankful for my wonderful husband who treats me with respect and love and has patience with my aches and pains.

10) I am Thankful that I found the Lord at a young age and grew up in a country where I could follow Him openly and without fear. I am Thankful for a mom and dad who brought me up to love God and who gave me a happy childhood. I am thankful that my husband can say the same thing.

I could go on writing forever about the blessings God has given to me, but I will stop here. We love you all and wish for you a wonderful holiday filled with love, laughter and thankfulness.

I am reposting the information about our Christmas parties here in case you missed it the first time or wanted to give and forgot: This Christmas we will be giving 5 Christmas parties for 120 refugees each time. That's 600 refugees who will get a special meal, see a puppet show and hear a message about Christmas. That's 600 refugees that will receive as a gift practical items as well as some small toys for the kids. That's 600 refugees who will take the book of John printed in their language home with them that night. That's 600 refugees who will know that someone cares and that they are not forgotten. Would you be willing to help us give these things to our refugee friends? Our parties will be happening the first week of December so although Christmas seems far away we need your donations as soon as possible. Gifts should be designated HELPING HANDS -CHRISTMAS IN ATHENS and sent to: International Teams 411 W. River Rd. Elgin, IL 60123 or give online at https://wwws.iteams.org/us/give be sure and designate this for Helping Hands - Christmas in Athens.

Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@juno.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: https://www.iteams.org/us/give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment