Thursday, March 29, 2012

Morley Update 2012 #12

Everyone,
This last week my world has revolved (literally) around my home. I continue to have several times daily where everything begins to spin and I have to lay down for a bit. Because of this I have been at home with a few exceptions all week. We picked up our friends and supporters Tom and Linda Samek on Friday. We drove home with a small detour so they could get their first glimpse of the sea. On Saturday they went with Kent to the ARC where Tom spent most of his day in the kitchen pouring tea and doing dishes and Linda worked in the kids room.
Sunday we took our time getting up and around and since the sun is finally out and the spring flowers are beginning to bloom we took a drive down the coast. No historical sites were open due to Greek Independence Day but we stopped at a few of our favorite places and ended with a Taverna dinner by the sea. I had two pretty severe attacks of spinning - one time laying out on the ground for a while. Because of this I elected to stay at home the next day while Kent took Tom and Linda to Corinth. They had a nice day and took lots of pictures.
Tuesday was family meal day and once again I was at home while Tom and Linda joined Kent at the ARC. They both spent quite a while in the kitchen but Tom did get to spend some time visiting with a refugee friend of Kent's who speaks English. Yesterday we had a clothing give away and prayer time which Tom and Linda led. I did my prayer time at home. One of the passages we were supposed to look at is Mary's prayer. I couldn't help but notice that she starts by saying "My SOUL glorifies the Lord and my SPIRIT rejoices in God my savior" In reality Mary's BODY was going through the changes that could negatively impact her life but that didn't affect what was happening inside her. I don't understand why my health is a continual issue but I can concentrate on what God wants to do IN me at this time. A friend also wrote me a note recently that said "Instead of asking 'Why me?' we need to ask 'What next?'" I 'm not sure what God has for me right now but I appreciate your prayers both for healing and for seeing what God would have me do if healing doesn't come.
Today Tom and Linda went off sight seeing around Athens on their own. Kent went to town for meetings with several different guys. Tom and Linda will be here until Sunday. We are thankful to be able to give people who are a part of our extended team a first hand look at what God is doing here in Athens. I wish you all could come and have that experience. In the meantime thank you for your faithfulness to us and to the Lord.

Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@juno.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: https://www.iteams.org/us
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment