Thursday, October 4, 2012

Morley Update #34



Everyone,
Though it was a busy week, I find myself this morning feeling a bit brain dead and at a loss for words - I know some of you are gasping in surprise because you were sure that I would always have something to say - brain dead or not.

As I think back over the week there are little snapshots in my mind so here are a few:

I see the kids room on Tuesday. We had planned for 25-30 kids at the most and had closer to 40. I picture the room crammed with kids. The tables are filled and kids are sitting in chairs around the edges of the room. I see "G" our young refugee friend telling the story and using a very silly voice for the little airplane. I hear the kids begin to giggle and then to laugh hysterically as they listen. I see the eager hands raised to answer the questions at the end of the story and I hear the little voices repeating the memory verse in Farsi sometimes needing a little prompting along the way. "Let the little children come to me, and do not turn them away."

I see "S" the little 12 year old girl who is severely disabled. She is in her new wheel chair but is not sitting upright because the chair isn't adjusted properly. After trying to adjust it with her in it and almost folding her in half we take her out and sit her in a rolling office chair while we try to figure it out. She sits like a little frog with her legs drawn up in front of her. We finally figure out how to adjust the chair and move her back into it. It still takes a bit of adjusting and finally putting a towel behind her head before she is comfortable but the smile never leaves her face. "For the kingdom of God belongs to such as these".

I picture my house last night filled with team mates as we gather for team meeting and team fellowship. Scott and Vicki McCracken's little girl Ellie is laying on the floor giving "Uncle" Themis the eye as he sits down to eat his dessert. He can't resist and soon more bites are going into her mouth than into his mouth. Cami's two little ones, Matthew and Ana are everywhere. Ana moves about the room climbing up into different laps, always assured of a welcoming hug. These children know that they are loved and trust even in these fallible humans they are surrounded with. How much more can we trust in the love of our Father in heaven? "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

I picture "M", a beautiful young girl on the cusp of being a young woman, staying to help clean up after class. When I gave her a hug afterwards she held on tightly and I thought to myself "Oh if only I could be sure that all the hugs she receives will be "safe" hugs like this". I picture one little "live wire" that could not be still during class. I pulled her onto my lap and she then settled in and listened. I watch other members of the team rocking babies, wiping tears and noses or lifting a child high over their head resulting in giggles and pleas for more. And I think to myself "this is God's work". "And He took the children in his arms, put his hands on them, and blessed them."

Thank you for all you do to make it possible for us to serve here in Athens. We love you all.

Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: https://www.iteams.org/us
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment