Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Morley Update 2013 #9



Everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital bed but thankfully I will go home today. I have had a couple of toes that were discolored and not looking too good for some time and I kept putting off getting to the doctor because it seemed like there was always something going on and it wasn't convenient. Finally I got an appointment for this Monday with an Internist that I had not seen before. Our team mate Christy was at the house meeting with Kent that morning and when she went to leave she asked if I would be at the ARC the next day for Farsi Family Meal and Outreach since I had been sick a couple of days with a cold that the team and the refugees are passing around. I said I planned to be there, then I laughed and said "Unless the doctor puts me in the hospital for my TOES!" haha

When we got to the doctor it turned out that he was a wonderful Christian man who is a friend of several of our team mates. In fact he is going to be volunteering with another ministry at their new clinic. Anyway he looked at my toes and said "I am not liking what I am seeing. These are blood clots in your toes and the most likely cause is an infection in your heart and you must be in the hospital. I want you to see your rheumatologist TODAY and if he doesn't think it is something else you should go to the hospital." I didn't get out of the rheumatologist's office until after 10pm so they said I could wait and come to the hospital the next morning. So BOTH Kent and I missed work that day.

After two days and MANY tests of my heart and my vascular system they decided that the clots in my toes are not from anything going on with either one. It is likely just poor circulation due to my immune disorder and will be controlled by adjusting my blood thinner. For the next month I am back on the anti coagulant injections twice a day for a month and then they will decide what to do about my long term blood thinner. I was worried when he said they would see me in a month because that is only two weeks before we plan to leave for the states but I told him our travel plans and dates and that I HAD to be able to go to my daughter's wedding (not to mention my father-in-law's wedding as well!) He said "Of course, of course we will get you healthy and strong by then." So of all the serious things it COULD have been it was really not too bad. My doctor said after he saw me tomorrow around 11 and my rheumatologist saw me at noon I could go home.

I know many of you on our church prayer chain or who are on facebook with me were praying. Thank you so much.

Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select US, Select What do you want to do, Select Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment