Friday, June 14, 2013

Morley Update 2013 #19



Everyone,



I wanted to get an update out to let you know we will be speaking at Willamina (near Salem) this Sunday June 19th if you are in the area. We will be sharing about the work during the Sunday School hour 9:30am and Kent will be preaching at church following that.



I have not written because most of our time has been spent in various doctors' offices and at the hospital getting tests. They are trying to find the reason behind my blood clotting problem. So far I have seen a GP, a Hematologist, and a Rheumatologist. I had 15 vials of blood drawn one day, 5 another and 7 another. I have had an MRI of my brain, a contrast CT of everything from the neck down, and 5 X-rays. I will see my GP again next week and as well as a cardiologist who may put a scope into my heart to look around. I also have 5 echo grams next week. The following week I will see the hematologist again and a neurologist. As you can see they are checking me out very well which is good but it means that we have had very little time to see friends or even family. Please pray that they will get to the bottom of things so I can feel comfortable that I am getting proper care when we return to Greece.



We have been able to speak at our home Church and a small group in Portland and are booked to speak almost every weekend through August and quite a few times during the week. We will be in the WA area June 26- July 3rd and still have some free nights if you are in the area and want to schedule us to share with a small group or whatever. We will travel to WY from WA and speak at a new supporting church in Alpine on July 7th. We will be back in Portland for a meeting on the 11th and speak at a reception for Willamette Christian Church on the afternoon of the 14th. If you live in any of these areas and want details let me know.



Next update I hope to have some stories to share from our two camps in Greece. The men's camp was the first week in June and I know several men were baptized but I don't have details yet. The family camp is just finishing up this weekend. These camps are always a highlight for the refugees and for our team as well. I am anxious to hear how they went and will pass along that information to you.



I will close now because I need to get some reports done for International Teams. We love you all and had hoped to spend more time during the week visiting but right now the medical stuff is taking quite a bit of that time. Thank you for your prayers and for your financial support - I cringe a bit every time they order another costly test because right now our insurance for the states pays 80% and we pay 20% I believe there is a cap of $3000 on that which I am sure we will hit. God has been gracious to provide for our every need however and he has done that through your willingness to share with us. Thank you SO much for your generosity.




Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment