Monday, April 22, 2013

Morley Update 2013 #16



Everyone -



We are in the USA and enjoying time with our east coast family (two daughters, two grandkids, a son-in-law and future son-in-law and my sister). It has been a flurry of shopping for clothes for the wedding, swim suits for Mexico and dish shopping with my soon to be married second daughter. I haven't looked at Facebook once and only check my email every couple of days. In Mexico we will have no internet access so will be off the grid from April 30-May 6.



We left Greece in a flurry of Goodbyes. A couple of days before we left there was a going away party for Scott and Vicki McCracken who began the ministry in Athens as well as a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of Helping Hands. It was great to look back over the beginnings and all the things God has done through this ministry over the years. There are people scattered over the world who became Christians in Athens many of whom have started fellowships of their own. We also saw the effects on churches who were influenced by what Helping Hands is doing and have started feeding programs, shower ministries or shelters for the people in their area both in Greece and the US as well.



At the celebration two refugee men shared their testimonies of coming to faith in Athens. Later another young man came to Kent to tell him goodbye and said "Some day I will get up and tell about how you became my friend and invited me to a camp where I accepted the Lord." No wonder we love this job!



I have a busy day ahead and as I said I will be off the grid for the next week so don't be alarmed if you don't hear from me. We are thankful for this time to reconnect with our family and look forward to seeing the rest of our family and many of you over the next few weeks and months.




Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment