Monday, January 13, 2014

Important Morley Update



Everyone,



I apologize for being out of communication for the last few weeks. We haven't quite known how and when to share what is happening in our lives. As you know my (Myrna's) health has not been very good lately but I hadn't shared that increasingly I was running fevers almost every day and feeling more and more unwell. Kent and I kept holding on to the fact that I was scheduled to come to the states for some scans at the end of January and thought I could just wait until then.



Shortly after Christmas we felt we needed to get some advice from a medical professional so we consulted with an internist that we trust there in Athens to see if he felt this was something small that could be dealt with or if I needed to go to the states. After talking with me and doing a few tests he felt I needed to go to the states immediately and that Kent should go with me.



We bought tickets and left one day later on New Year's day. We stopped for a few days to see our kids and grandkids in MA before coming to OR and consulting the doctors here. It took some time but I now have the results from my first scan. There is an increase in the lesions in both kidneys which is consistent with lymphoma but could be something else. Only a biopsy will give us a definitive answer. I had made an appointment with an oncologist when I arrived here but the earliest she could take me was Jan 21st. After seeing my scans my primary care doctor is pushing to try and get me in earlier. Please pray that we will have answers soon. We will try to keep you informed as we go along and apologize for not letting you know sooner but we were hoping to have something definite to share. Thank you for you unfailing support and love to us.




Serving Him Together,

Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment