Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Myrna Health Update



Everyone -



We saw the oncologist today and as expected we won't really know anything for sure until the biopsy. The frustrating thing is that I have been taking Aspirin for my blood and Alleve for my joints and she thought I would need to be off both of them for a week before they could do the biopsy. Why my General Practitioner didn't tell me that so I could have stopped them earlier I don't know but there it is. Dr. Feilder was going to talk to the radiologist about how soon he felt he could safely do the biopsy but she said she thought it would probably be the first of next week. She said looking at my scans, reviewing my symptoms and looking at my blood work she feels it is likely that I have lymphoma - there is a marker in your blood for lymphoma and mine was elevated, the fever, chills and sweating are lymphoma symptoms, the tumors growth and the fact that I have been on Enbrel all point that direction. However she said once again that if it IS lymphoma it is very treatable. We just need to find out for sure IF I have it and what type it is so we know how to proceed. I will have a CT scan of my chest this week to reexamine a spot on my lung to see if it has changed. Kent and I are both very frustrated with not knowing how to plan because we still don't know how long we are going to be here but we do have to trust that God really is in control and is able to take care of: the team in Greece, our refugee friends, our transportation and housing needs long term if needed, our finances and on and on. Thank you again for standing with us in this time. We love you all.




Serving Him Together,

Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment