Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Health and Ministry News 2014



Everyone,



(Scroll down if you want to skip the health and personal stuff to read about ministry news) Another week has come and gone. We spent most of the week snowed in at my parent's home in Eugene, OR. Thursday was my Mom's 90th birthday and we had planned a family dinner at a local restaurant with all the family. My sister from MA had flown in and was staying at my parent's home and my other sister and brother and their spouses were coming down from Portland. The snow put a stop to that since even the restaurant phoned to say they were closing. We had also planned a party following church on Sunday but church was also cancelled due to the ice and snow. So we had four days of just hanging out at my folk's with my sister. It was a good time but we were all going a little stir crazy by the time things thawed out on Monday.



Yesterday (Tuesday) I had my bone marrow test. I must say after all the horror stories I had heard about how painful it was I was pleasantly surprised. I told the doctor it felt more like being stung by a bee and not even a very big bee. He did three draws of marrow and a biopsy of the tissue because they are going to test for everything they can think of - cancers, infections, fungus etc. He said that my blood count was low again so that something was stressing my marrow but that it could be just all the inflammation from my arthritis being so bad right now. It will be two weeks until we have the results from these tests. Tomorrow (Thurs) I have my PET scan. They will insert radioactive material into me through an IV and after it circulates through my body they will scan my whole system. This can reveal cancers, infections, or just anything abnormal that is going on in my organs. Dr. Chang said he would call me if there was anything that needed to be followed up on from that test and get it going right away.



Thanks to all of you who prayed for me and encouraged me as I worked through my feelings of discouragement last week. I still have my moments but for the most part my pity party is over and I am just waiting to see what happens next. I appreciate being able to share my heart with you and know that you will understand and uphold me during these times.



The work in Greece continues - this is from a recent note to the team from Christy who is our acting team leader in Kent's absence.


I don't know how many of you had a chance to look around the main room today after the program, but most of the adults were having spiritual conversations! We ask God for His Spirit to move in our center, and I believe it is! Praise God for being a God who pursues us and is building His church among the nations! Be encouraged, our God is alive and active.



Please be praying for the doctor's day coming up tomorrow Feb. 13th. Again a note from Christy.

We have everyone invited for Doctor's Day and I think it's going to be a great group of people. Sahar will send out more info later. Be praying for this time. Many of the people coming have shown interest in spiritual things lately. Sahar will give a short message during lunch from Isaiah about how Jesus came to heal us from our spiritual sickness of sin. Let's join together in praying that this day will not only bless families physically, but also be a step in their journeys towards knowing Christ.



Thank you all again for you unfailing love and support to us and to the work in Greece. We love you all.




Serving Him Together,

Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment