Friday, July 18, 2014

Short Health Update





Everyone,



Just wanted to let you know that I am feeling GREAT. I am having NO side effects to the Rituxan or the Steroids other than a drippy nose. I am getting stronger each day and am enjoying life again. Vicki McCracken took me for a day of shopping for some new clothes. I wouldn't recommend the "protracted illness" method of losing weight but it IS effective. Though I was exhausted by the end of the afternoon I finally have clothes that are not falling off me. We are spending a few days with my parents and yesterday my dad and I went to the local farm and I cooked us a dinner of mostly fresh vegetables and fruits that night - corn on the cob, fresh beans, a huge salad, fresh fruit salad etc. It is SO nice to enjoy cooking and EATING again. Our kids came over and it was nice to spend time making some plans for Katie's wedding and knowing I can enjoy it and even help with some things.



We will be moving for the next couple of weeks to our sister in law Barbara Morley's home in Willamina. My brother's Daughter and her family are coming in from England for a month so we needed to give them the space there. We will enjoy being with Barb and Kent is looking forward to completing some small projects that need doing around her place.



I have another Rituxan treatment on the 24th of July and a Dr. appointment on the 28th. At that point they will begin weaning me off the steroids which will take about a month and a half and if my inflammation levels stay down I will be in remission which is of course our goal. Thanks for all your prayer - please continue to pray with us as we wrestle with where God wants us to be and what our future life will look like. We love you all and are feeling grateful, blessed, happy and hopeful.



Love, Myrna

No comments:

Post a Comment