Friday, August 22, 2014

Very Important Update



Everyone,



It is with a sad and yet peaceful heart that we want to inform you that we have made the decision to transition back to the USA and leave behind the work in Greece. As you know we have been wrestling with this decision for some time because of our love for the refugees and the work there. However, in talking with my doctor and due to the uncertainties of this disease as well as the needed ongoing treatment we feel I need to be here. I am also finding it much more difficult adjusting to the blindness in my eye than I expected, partly because the high doses of prednisone are making my good eye so blurry that I am finding it hard to do many things on my own. Having Kent gone right now for extended periods would be very difficult. We never expected when we uprooted our lives that we would only be gone for 6 years and that we would be coming home and looking for work, housing, etc. in our early 60s - not the most optimum time. That said we have NO REGRETS. If there was a magic button that could erase the last 6 years we would never push it. Apart from anything that God might have done THROUGH us in the lives of refugees in the last 6 years, He has done amazing things IN us and we will be forever changed. We are SO grateful to you our extended team for being a part of sending and sustaining us and we hope that you too feel it was all worth it.



SO what does it look like from here. I know these last months have been long and hard for all of us but we would ask you to bear with us a bit longer. I am waiting to hear back from International Teams on the procedure but I believe that they recommend a three month transition period of support to allow returning missionaries to get their feet under them before completely cutting ties. We still have many loose ends and even added expenses before we can settle in here and get on with our lives. We plan to return to Greece at the end of September for a team retreat so that Kent can help with the transferring of leadership. We will then stay on for most of the month of October to close down the house, pack our things, sell or give away what we can't bring, say our goodbyes and arrange for shipping. My doctor has given the okay for me to go barring any surprises with my next appointments. I am having scans of my lung and abdomen on Monday the 25th and blood work as well. We plan to return to Oregon the end of October or first of November.



I will let you know any more details as I have them from International Teams or as we make firmer plans. Right now you can be praying for us that we "finish well". Pray that we can get a chance to say goodbye to our team and our refugee friends in a way that provides closure and doesn't feel like abandonment. Also pray for us as we do all the things that come with making this kind of a move. Pray for my health and stamina through this and for protection from illness as we travel. Pray for God to raise up a new team leader and for the team as they are in this transitional period. Pray for peace for us that God will guide and God will provide. Thanks you so much for standing by us these last years and especially these last months. This is not the way we planned things but God is not surprised nor dismayed by this. I think of the song Blessed be the name of the Lord - He give and takes away, my heart shall choose to say - blessed be the Name of the Lord! We love you all.




Serving Him Together,

Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org select: US, Select: What do you want to do, Select: Give
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Myrna, I know how hard this is for you. We continue to pray for your health, and that God continues to meet and exceed your needs for a job, home and everything that goes with it. You are such a great example of strength to ride the storm out. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete