Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Very Short Health Update





Everyone,



I had my scans and blood work on Monday. My doctor was leaving on vacation so I was supposed to call in the next day and talk to whoever was covering for her. At 9pm my phone rang and it was my doctor. She said "I apologize for calling so late but I'm leaving in the morning and wanted to talk to you first about your scans." I thought "UH OH this can't be good" Then she said, "I didn't want you worrying because everything looks so great." WHEW! I had been a bit worried because my legs have been swelling and my eyesight in my good eye has been VERY blurred. I have also had a lot of pressure on the side where they did the kidney surgery. Anyway, the doctor said that the mass in my lung was a tiny bit smaller (not as much as she would have liked but at least not bigger), my kidney masses were the same or smaller, my blood work was GREAT. My inflammation counts were down to normal. My Anka count was down, my kidney functions were good, my hemoglobin was good, liver good, etc etc. She said all the symptoms I have been having were most likely from the prednisone and since I was doing SO well she would go ahead and drop again early to see if that would help. Kent and I are both very relieved and feel like we are on the right track - I see the doctor on Sept. 8th but I'm sure she will okay my going to Greece for the retreat and to close up the house. Thank you for praying.

Love, Myrna

No comments:

Post a Comment