Thursday, January 31, 2013

Morley Update 2013 #5



Everyone,

Life has continued to be very busy and full. After our very full week with the retreat last week and our Helping Hands General Meeting on Saturday, I was looking forward to a day at home (I usually am home on Thurs and Fri). Sunday we went to church taking our friend Dr. Joseph. On the way there we decided to stop and get some Pakistani food for lunch on the way home. When we got to church we discovered that they had a bunch of clothes for us to take to the ARC so after the service we packed our car full with barely room for Dr. Joseph in the back seat. We headed downtown to drop the clothes off at the ARC. As is often the case these days there was a demonstration near the ARC and they had several streets blocked off. We drove around and around taking different routes only to find ourselves blocked just when we were almost there. Finally when had just decided to take the clothes to our other storage facility we stumbled upon an open street and managed to drive to the ARC. Of course someone was parked across the entrance to the stoa so we had to park down the street a ways. That meant carrying everything up the street, into the stoa and into our storage room downstairs. When we finished we decided that since we had a parking place and weren't sure of another one we would walk to a new Pakistani restaurant that Dr. Joseph knew. We hiked up the hill and over several street only to discover that the restaurant had moved or was closed. So we hiked back down again to eat at a restaurant almost back to the car. It was 4 o'clock by the time we got home. I did another load of laundry and hung it in the living room by the fire.

On Monday, our day off we really needed to clean house, finish the laundry and do a little grocery shopping since I had not been home to do these things. We got everything done but it wasn't a particularly restful day. Tuesday it was back to work at the ARC again. The weather had been a bit warmer the last couple of days so instead of my long johns and wool sweater I wore my heavy cotton sweater with my long johns underneath. This was a mistake. I was cold from the moment I walked into the ARC. We had a smaller group than we sometimes have and I guess maybe it was because we were all tired but it seemed to be a very hectic day. I found myself getting frustrated with little things. We often have 25-30 in the kid's room for the story and craft. Tuesday we had 33 but it seemed like 50. The kids were more rowdy and less cooperative than usual. My coworkers and I were exhausted by the time we sent them out the door. I was "finisher" for the day - meaning I was responsible to see that everything got cleaned up, put away, turned off etc. In the midst of all the running around I misplaced my keys and by the time I found them I had a bit of a meltdown. Kent gathered me up and took me home.

Wednesday was a clothing give away and prayer day - Kent needed to leave very early because there was a transportation strike and because he needed to pick up clothes from our other storage facility he couldn't take the bike. He also had a meeting after the prayer day so I knew it would be late before he finished. I decided to stay home and just rest. I had several short term team emails hanging over my head that I hadn't had time to deal with so I spent a couple of hours in the morning getting caught up on that. In the afternoon I sat out on the balcony in the sun because it was much warmer outside than inside. I was glad I stayed home because Kent didn't get in until 6:30. Poor guy - he left early, got home late and went immediately to the computer for a skype call with some of the leadership at IT - he finally got to eat a bowl of soup at about 8:00.

Today is Laiki day and I am thankful that it is sunny out. I am also thankful the the laiki has moved to the end of my street so I don't have far to go. I am thankful that I had a day to regroup and feel much better. I am thankful that today I think we will get a new toilet seat - ours has a crack in it and has become a bit of a butt pincher. Most of all I am thankful for you our extended team. I am thankful that I can be honest with you and share my heart. I am thankful that I know you are praying for us and upholding us. I am thankful for your faithfulness to us and to God in your financial support. I am thankful to be in this place, at this time, doing this work. It could not happen without you. Thank you.

Serving Him Together,
Kent and Myrna Morley
Tripoleos 76
Elliniko 16777
Athens Greece
011 30 210 96 38 625
backhoeboy1@gmail.com
http://kent-uniquelymorley.blogspot.com
To join our Support Team:
Online go to: www.iteams.org/us
Or Send to:
International Teams
411 W. River Rd.
Elgin IL 60123
Please designate for the ministry of Kent and Myrna Morley and indicate whether this is a one time gift or monthly support. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment